baslinux - Re: [BL] locale

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] locale
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:01:52 +0200

Neo Sze Wee wrote:

> It is a chinese environment called kc. I launch it from dos commandline
> and it gives back the commandline. Now I can view, and I think input(I
> have noot tried to input using kc), chinese. Then I launch lynx for dos
> to read chinese characters. When I finished, I launch kcfree -r and I am
> back in the origibal commandline. There is also a standalone viewer and
> editor called njstar for dos. I use this to craete chinese file.

Chinese is another story :)

DOS:

I found somewhere that kc and eten switched card into graphic mode.
It is possible that it will look as if you were still in text mode, but
in fact you will be in graphic mode, and here you can do what ever
you want - even display chinese :)

Linux:

http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/Chinese-HOWTO-4.html

chdrv and bcs16 sound interesting - maybe at least one of them
will work :) (hope, you will manage to get to server in *.tw
as I have problems and link breaks very often)

or maybe dosemu will be a solution.

Chris

Po raz pierwszy to TY wybierzesz, co chcesz wygrać. Poszaleć KAWASAKI,
czy wyjechać do MEKSYKU. A może zgarnąć 10.000 złotych? Tylko w
www.netmania.wp.pl