b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] B-Hebrew Forum is Open!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ken Penner <kpenner AT stfx.ca>
  • To: Petr Tomasek <tomasek AT etf.cuni.cz>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Kirk Lowery <Kirk AT GrovesCenter.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] B-Hebrew Forum is Open!
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 18:52:48 -0300

Petr, perhaps some of us can provide some pointers for those who, like you,
are concerned that some functionality will be reduced. Some of the features
you mentioned are in fact available in phpBB forums.
If I understand you, the features you want are:
1. threads view;
2. display subject only;
3. search;
4. identify new posts (since your last visit);
5. identify latest posts;
6. local copies of all posts.

I have configured my MUA to read phpBB messages through RSS; I find this
superior to reading them as emails.
Perhaps we can do something similar with yours. Are you using Mutt 1.4.2.2i?

Ken

Ken M. Penner, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Religious Studies
2329 Notre Dame Avenue, 409 Nicholson Tower
St. Francis Xavier University
Antigonish, NS B2G 2W5
Canada
(902)867-2265