b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Need help with Turabian format in Word 2010

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Stephen Shead <sshead.email AT gmail.com>
  • To: Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, sigebryht AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Need help with Turabian format in Word 2010
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 22:18:06 -0400

Hi Chris,

Totally agree. Do you know why the first reader won't accept a PDF? Comments, corrections etc. can be done on a PDF, just as they can in a Word document. So seems very strange to me.

Stephen Shead.

On 28 August 2013 21:42, Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu> wrote:
Chris,

I can't help with your primary question, but...

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 14:50:43 -0700 (PDT), C L <sigebryht AT yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dear Stephen,
>
> About the PDF option, I've been submitting all my drafts as PDF and
> Word 2010, but my first reader will only look at the Word 2010
> files. So no, PDF is not an option.

Why on earth?  Stephen is absolutely correct about the problems about
the issues involved in submitting a document in a non-standard format
such as (any version of) Word.  *Anyone* should be able to read a PDF
document, and see the same result.  If your "first reader" is not
actually modifying the document, the requirement that it should be in
Word format is absurd.

--
William Parsons