b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] To Bless and Pools of Water

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Chris Watts <dekruidnootjes AT eircom.net>
  • To: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] To Bless and Pools of Water
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 21:05:36 +0100

There is also a significant way in which מקוה is used in Ezra 10:2 (although translated as 'hope', I see that 'a washing' can also be assumed)
Chris Watts
Ireland

On 28 Jun 2013, at 18:28, Isaac Fried wrote:

You may ponder further the relationship between מקוה מים MIQWEH MAYIM,
'pool of water', as in Gen. 1:10, and תקוה TIQWAH, 'hope', as in Hos. 2:17, and Job 11:20.

Isaac Fried, Boston University