b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Off-Topic: Where should I pursue a Ph.D.?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rev. Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • To: "C L" <sigebryht AT yahoo.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Off-Topic: Where should I pursue a Ph.D.?
  • Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 12:24:31 -0800

Dear Chris,

I would probably recommend the following:

UCLA (University of California at Los Angeles), Westwood, CA in West Los Angeles, CA area. My two Hebrew professors, Dr. Richard D. Patterson and the late Dr. Hermann Austel, received their doctorates there.

Regent, Vancouver, B.C., Canada. Dr. Martin Abegg, a classmate of mine at Northwest Baptist Seminary, translator of the Dead Sea Scrolls, there are other professors there who also have worked with the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Brandeis or Harvard, Boston, MA, My OT professor at LABC (now The Master's College, Newhall, CA), Dr. Stephen Brown (current Academic Dean at Shasta Bible College & Graduate School, Redding, CA).

Oriental Institure, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL.

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III