b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] takliyth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] takliyth
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 06:06:42 -0500

1. So, explain to me, please, what is this TA- of TAKLIYT, that even you agree
is not radical. Saying that it is a "prefix" means nothing beyond restating that it
is not radical, and hangs at the beginning of the word.

2. So explain to me, please, how do you come to the conclusion that the
root of TAKLIYT is כלה KLH.

3. I have not the slightest interest in Chomsky (the son.)

Isaac Fried, Boston University