b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Takliyth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kokkee Ng <nkk.bcm AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Takliyth
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 16:59:01 +0800

תַּכְלִ֣ית
the glosses given by HALOT are "completeness, outermost part, end"
with reference to Psalm 139:22 it has: "completeness of hatred, extreme form of hatred," citing NRSV "perfect hatred"
The Vulgate [Psam 138:22] reads "Perfecto" which seems to me a valid translation however we may make of Augustine's comments.

Kokkee Ng
Bible College of Malaysia
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia