b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:21?27 (George Athas)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 9:21?27 (George Athas)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 13:58:11 +0200

Dear George,

I will come back to this subject in the future when I have more time. Now I
would just recommend one book, namely, Otto Mørkholm, "Antiochus IV of
Syria", 1966. This book demonstrates that much of our "knowledge" of
Antiochus IV can be questioned, and a lot of actions ascribed to him need not
have happened. I have made a detailed study of Daniel's chapters 11 and 8 in
the light of historical information that, according to my judgmenet, is
rather certain, and I have not found i single verse or a single sentence in
Daniel that naturally would be applied to Antiochus IV.

Best regards

Rolf Furuli
Stavern
Norway