b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] YERU

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] YERU
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:21:05 -0700

Uri:

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 10:54 AM, Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com> wrote:
    Hi Karl,

   Sorry, you got Ugarit's dates all wrong. They are
 easy to check.

I’m not a professional historian, so, unlike Kitchen and his disciples, it’s no skin off my teeth if I’m wrong.

Having written the above, I have repeatedly from different sources come across archaeological data that indicate that the official dates given in history books are not only off, but off by centuries. That Shishak was an alternate name for Thutmosis II. That the Amarna tablets were iron age, ninth to eighth centuries BC. That Necho was an alternate name for Raamsis II, who killed Josiah. And that Ugarit’s dates were contemporary to Raamsis II and his son.

   Also, the name of abdi-hebba's principality, Jerusalem,
 occurs in the Amarna tablets , LB age.

See above.

Jerusalem already had its full name during Joshua’s invasion ca. 1400 BC, long before the Amarna tablets.

    Uri Hurwitz

Karl W. Randolph.

That is another question I have: do we have any
 indications of a god named Shalem from the early
 bronze age? Ugarit appears to be iron age, ca. ninth
to seventh centuries BC, with its destruction
 shortly after the destruction
of Jerusalem under Nebuchadnezzar...