b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hiram Hirom Huram

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yodan" <yodan AT yodanco.com>
  • To: "'Isaac Fried'" <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hiram Hirom Huram
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:40:32 -0700

Shalom and thanks for the response. I know the root HRM (XRM) has several
meanings, e.g. devote, dedicate, ban, confiscate, and others, but I was
unaware that it is also “tall, massive, mighty”. Aside from the name Hermon,
are there other examples of the use of words or names of the root HRM with
this meaning?

Thanks,

Bruryah

_____