b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] historical question with linguistic import

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] historical question with linguistic import
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 14:37:51 +0300

Hi Karl,

I just skimmed through the translation of Thutmose's annals that appear in
Halo's Context of Scripture (vol. II, Brill, 2000) and interestingly enough
found no reference there to any number of shields at all. Gold, silver,
lapis-lazuri, chariots, coats of mail, bows, prisoners, hands, heads, cows,
goats, sheep and so on, but no shields.

Sorry to disappoint.

Yigal Levin