b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Haggai 2,8 + Ezra 3,10

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ps2866 AT bingo-ev.de
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Haggai 2,8 + Ezra 3,10
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 21:27:11 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Karl,

the sequence in Ezra is:
- return from Babylon
- building the altar
- beginning to build the temple and laing its foundation
- enemies stopped this process until (!) the second year of Darius (Ezra
4,24)

Haggai:
- some years after the end of building the temple Haggai calls the people
to begin to work again on the temple, this was the second year of Darius
(Hag 1,1)

So there are some years in between Ezra 3,10 and Hag 2,8. That means JaSaD
can't have one and the same meaning in both instances.

Yours
Peter M. Streitenberger