b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Is there any difference?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Is there any difference?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 07:58:38 +0200

Karl may well be more-or-less correct. Certainly in modern Hebrew, each form
is used with a slightly different connotation. But our corpus of text in
Biblical Hebrew is so limited, that it is really impossible to know for
certain whether the difference is in meaning, or in the different styles used
by different authors living at different times, or even different dialects.

Yigal Levin