b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] FW: mishnaic Hebrew + Deborah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] FW: mishnaic Hebrew + Deborah
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 04:11:48 +0000

As I mentioned, there's nothing wrong with stirring the pot. I'm all for
that. It makes us think harder and, hopefully, progresses our understanding.
But there are some people who do not stir the pot; they break it. David Rohl
is one such person. While I'm not familiar with the full range of his work,
the parts with which I am familiar are simply unbelievable. His conclusions
are based on unreasonable and unsubstantiated leaps in logic, such that they
fall outside the bounds of what most consider serious scholarship.

This is not about towing a party line. It's about the responsible use of
evidence methods, and justified conclusions.

GEORGE ATHAS
Director of Postgraduate Studies,
Sydney, Australia