b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] song of Deborah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Steinberg <david.l.steinberg AT rogers.com>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] song of Deborah
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:15:50 -0500

The fact that ancient names are used proves nothing. Look at the Iliad or the Nibelungenlied. Both contain ancient names and originated in historical events. In both cases they were written down much later and neither contains much of the historical events in any recognizable form.

Thus the persistence of ancient names neither proves or disproves the possibility of an early date for the poem.

David Steinberg
/**/