b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] k'ehad mimenou

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Oun Kwon <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>
  • To: Andronic Khandjani <andronicusmy AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] k'ehad mimenou
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 21:50:01 +0900

Re: 'knowledge good and evil'

I believe the phrase should be understood as 'knowledge of right and
wrong' - something to do with the nature of Adam's sin - deciding what
is right and wrong on their own, which should be in God's hand. The
concept of 'good-and-evil' is much subordinate as 'evil' being
'absence of good', rather than a separate condition/power in dualistic
thinking.

The only translation I find this way is CEV, which is not suitable for
serious study ;-<

Oun Kwon.