b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] oaks

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] oaks
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 22:07:51 -0300

karl, isaac,

according to your description, the alon (oak) i remember from most of the
galilee and carmel is certainly of the
US southwest family... maybe they grow taller in the heights of the meiron.

in israel too, its fauna, jointly with the kharob and elat haxoresh (birch?),
is associated with
grazing of sheep and goats.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/20-centuries-old-oak-trees-found-chopped-down-in-galilee-1.238038

http://hebrewpodcasts.com/treesofisrael.html

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/judaica/ejud_0002_0015_0_14992.html

http://www.israelimages.com/see_image_details.php?description=Oak-tree--winter-on-Mount-Meron&idi=17043

nir cohen

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 16:58:07 -0700, K Randolph wrote