b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] guess work

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] guess work
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:26:13 -0600

permit me to suggest that the average consumer of the deuteronomic legal
code ("Code") in 882 b.c.; and in 1982 a.d., needed david's explanation of
the relevant words, and perhaps more, to properly grasp the meaning of the
terms, as he explains same.

And to move the lengthy words of the Code on the leather scroll; to a
pithy statement on the individual family doorpost ... required yet
additional assistance, from the priest/lawyer in moving the language down to
the level of consumer (and in my humble opinion).

regards,

fred burlingame