b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] the dead returns

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] the dead returns
  • Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 21:21:20 -0300

fred,

my allusion to aramaic, as well as to the recitation profession, was made in
the context of the masoretic texts, i.e. relevant to at least a couple of
centuries later.
maybe i was missint the point of the thread, in which case you may just
ignore my non-expert input.

as to your big question:

> What language was the average hebrew speaking on the streets of nazareth in
> 64 a.d.?

i cannot help you, but clearly some conclusion must have been reached
by the historians of this period.

nir cohen

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010 17:07:15 -0600, fred burlingame wrote