b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] participle used in actual present contexts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] participle used in actual present contexts
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:14:35 -0700

> So Genesis 19:13 was not enough for you to show a future use of the
> participle in conversation?

That didn't need a response since it was not the issue.
We're miscommunicating. Please reset your 'templates'.

The issue, and the original issue, was whether or not the
YIQTOL was used to refer to 'actual present'.
I've never suggested that the participle was not used
for referring to futures and pasts as well as actual presents.

Randall Buth