b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew sister word for Aramaic word

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Joseph Roberts <josephroberts3 AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew sister word for Aramaic word
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 15:56:31 -0700

I know that Aramaic and Hebrew are sister languages. many times one can see
an Aramaic word can have a Hebrew equivalent such as Tselema (image) and the
Hebrew word Tselem. What i am wonder is does this Aramaic word איתֻֿותֵֿה
used in the Peshitta in Hebrews 1:3 have an Hebrew equivalent as well or
atleast is there a common Hebrew word used to translate this word. I am
trying to do a word studying on this word. thank you for any help you can
offer.

Joseph Roberts
aspiring linguist