b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Sukkot

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: rosewalk AT concentric.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Sukkot
  • Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 16:54:02 -0400

I've never ever in my entire life seen it spelled with only one k or one c, but always sukkot, or - less often - succot

Shoshanna Walker, Cedarhurst, L.I., NY (and an apt and future home in Tzfat, Israel)

Come on Isaac. You know that the convention is that a Dagesh forte is
transcribed by doubling the consonant. You may not agree, but that is the
convention.

Yigal Levin