b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic to Hebrew language switch?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aramaic to Hebrew language switch?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:12:42 +0300

Jim, I'm in a fun moode.

Lapis lazuli. Cool stuff.

Bobby said you don't need a weatherman to know
which way the wind blows.
and you don't really need a linguist for your theories.

my mama told me not to come ...
"that ain't the way to have fun, son."

Next time I'm reduced to a tent I think ..., no,
no lapis lazuli for me,
maybe some pyrethrum for the tsetse flies.

Meanwhile, while on the theme of the perfect
batqol-Hebrew of Gen 12, I love the use of the pure
volitional 'be a blessing' for a future promise.
that's quite effective, and I end on that serious note.

heve shalom
'be peace!' (as Ben Koseva says)
[hey, did he really say that? Uhhuh. Seems he knew
Hebrew pretty idiomatically funky.)

Randall Buth

--
Randall Buth, PhD