b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Would B-hebrew discuss the name Jehovah with a KJBO Christian?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: davedonnelly1 AT juno.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Would B-hebrew discuss the name Jehovah with a KJBO Christian?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 08:07:31 -0400

I apologize to the members of the B-hebrew Discussion that I could not
influence any KJBO Christian
to join the B-Hebrew Discussion Board and to enter into discussions
concerning the name "Jehovah".

Nothing seems to have changed:

KJVO Christians dogmatically continue to believe that God's name is
"Jehovah".
AND
Most members of the B-hebrew Discussion Board seem to continue to believe

that the Masoretes had placed specific vowel points into YHWH
to indicate to the Jewish reader that when he or she saw
[Yod-shewa-heh-defective holem-waw-qamets-heh] in the Masoretic Text,
he or she was to read "Adonay"
and that he or she was not to read [Yod-shewa-heh-defective
holem-waw-qamets-heh] as "Jehovah".

Amen

Dave Donnelly

davedonnelly1 at juno.com davedonnelly1 at juno.com
Mon Aug 16 11:16:45 EDT 2010

The title of this post:

"Would B-hebrew discuss the name Jehovah with a KJBO Christian? " is only
a hypothetical question.

I am not a KJBO Christian, although I am somewhat familiar with their
beliefs.

I wrote the question below to a KJBO Christian on
Who's your Final Authority / Which Bible Discussion Board.

Would you be willing to join the B-hebrew Discussion Board and attempt to
convince the Hebrew Scholars who post on B-Hebrew, that it is they that
are in error, not the KJB.

What method would you use to prove to Hebrew Scholars that the Masoretes
wanted Hebrew Word #3068 to be read as "JEHOVAH" and not read as
"Adonay".

Since 1611, how many KJBO Christians have spent any time trying to
convince a Hebrew Scholar that Hebrew Word #3068 should be read as
"JEHOVAH", and not read as "Adonay"?

Shain, It certainly would be interesting to see you and Bibleprotector
join the B-Hebrew Discussion Board, and attempt to convince B-Hebrew
Scholars that the correct pronunciation of Hebrew Word 3068 is "JEHOVAH"

Exodus, [a.k.a. Dave Donnelly]

A KJBO Christian with the Discussion Board name : "Bibleprotector"
responded:

He wrote:

I don't know the board you refer to, or who these "Hebrew Scholars" are,
but it seems like a fairly secular group to me.

I have a more astounding and convincing way of showing that God's name is
JEHOVAH than what they would allow.

Would the moderators of this B-hebrew Discussion Board allow
"Bibleprotector" to join B-hebrew and
attempt to convince B-Hebrew members that God's name is actually
"Jehovah"?

Dave Donnelly
2010 College Grants
Get Up To $5,550 Per Year in University Grants. Get More Info Today
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4c76592da199887fa9st02duc