b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qal passives

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry" <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: "James Christian" <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>, "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qal passives
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 06:55:25 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Christian" <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
To: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
Cc: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 3:54 AM

Hi Yitzhak,

I've just read two or you posts from two different but related threads. In
the one you gave me the impression that you hold the position that the
Masoretes knew both Aramaic and Biblical Hebrew well and did not allow the
one to influence the other and now I read this post...

I know both English and Latin, but that doesn't mean that I write English like Latin. Of course, past generations deliberately modeled their English prose after Cicero, but, fortunately, they gave that up early in the 20th century... :)

N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Savatori Excellence in Education Winner)
Mentor, TNARS
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry