b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Wells, Wells of Bitumen"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Wells, Wells of Bitumen"
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 21:41:08 +0300

Hi Jim,

that's the point exactly isn't it. The reason there are no wells of bitumen
in the dead sea area is because they were in the valley of siddim. Where is
the valley? Under the sea! At least it is now after Yhwh blasted it hundreds
of metres below its original depth (which was already pretty darn low).
That's why the bitumen floats on the water. It's coming out of the wells
which can't be seen anymore without diving down a few hundred metres into
the dead sea.

James Christian