b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 24:6 that seek your face, O Jacob

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Yitzhak Sapir'" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 24:6 that seek your face, O Jacob
  • Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 16:07:49 -0400

[SteveMiller:] Thanks, Yitzhak.
Is the reason that the pronoun suffix from דרשו cannot be the subject of
מבקשי only because of the singular vs plural mismatch, or is it also that a
pronoun suffix in Hebrew cannot be the subject of a following verb.

Another question: I see that דרשיו is an alternate reading for דרשו. Is there
any difference in meaning between the 2?

Thanks.

-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info