b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] dagesh lene missing in caph - why?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Charles Grebe" <cgrebe AT briercrest.ca>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] dagesh lene missing in caph - why?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 11:31:06 -0600

תודה רבה Randall,
This is helpful. Page 53-4 of Jouon-Muraoka discuss this "shewa medium" if
anyone else wants to read about it.
http://books.google.ca/books?id=Zhjd_m5hIeIC&lpg=PA52&vq=shewa&dq=Jouon%20Muraoka&pg=PA53#v=onepage&q=shewa&f=false

It's interesting that I've read malkai מלְכֵי, ethxem אתְכֶם, etc. for years
and never noticed that it violated the shewa rule I learned in first year
Hebrew! :)

Charles Grebe
Briercrest College and Seminary
Sask, Canada