b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] BH Verbal System (Joseph Justiss)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Christian <jc.bhebrew AT googlemail.com>
  • To: Joseph Justiss <jljustiss AT msn.com>
  • Cc: biblical hebrew list <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] BH Verbal System (Joseph Justiss)
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 20:19:50 +0000

Sure moving from form to function is the kind of thing that is needed in
order to do the work of a translator. But the question is how many functions
align to the forms? It is clearly not a 1 to 1 mapping but what tools can we
use to establish how many functions there are, what their qualities are and
which indicators identify them?

James Christian