b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] from Mike Miles inreply to James Christian; rejected once.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <kirk AT grovescenter.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] from Mike Miles inreply to James Christian; rejected once.
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 08:36:17 -0500

On 12/28/09 3:54 AM, Yigal Levin wrote:

> While I wasn't the moderator who rejected your message "on protocol", please
> let me comment on the message below:

I was the moderator that rejected the message.

It would be useful to comment on the reason: "Blind Carbon Copies" or "bcc"
addresses are not allowed as a security measure. Otherwise, one can use the
list
software as a spam generator. Since many spam filters are set by list members
allow b-hebrew messages through, "bcc" addressing would be a "hole" in all of
those filters. To maintain the integrity of the list (and avoid all those spam
filters automatically shutting b-hebrew messages out), this policy is standard
for most internet discussion lists I know of.

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
--