b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] theories and standards

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Stoney Breyer" <stoneyb AT touchwoodcreative.com>
  • To: "'B-Hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] theories and standards
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:56:07 -0500

Karl writes:
Science, according to the definition I was taught at a secular university by
a professor who was anti-Christian and a missionary for evolution (he could
not let a single lecture go by without at least one attack against
Christianity), cannot deal with the past. The closest it can get to dealing
with the past is to deal with is the present status of artifacts that have
survived from the past.

And I ask:
Karl, doesn't the obvious contradiction between your professor's
characterization of science and his zeal for a particular scientific theory
of past events suggest the hypothesis that he didn't know what he was talking
about? (—which, I must hurry to point out, does not in the least imply that
he was not a perfectly competent scientist)

Stoney Breyer
Writer/Touchwood