b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary 12.1 2009 appeared

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Gerald A. Klingbeil" <gklingbeil AT aiias.edu>
  • To: ANE-2 AT yahoogroups.com, biblical-studies AT yahoogroups.com, "Sasson, Jack M" <jack.m.sasson AT vanderbilt.edu>, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary 12.1 2009 appeared
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:36:54 +0800

Please excuse cross-posting

Dear colleagues,

we are happy to report that the first issue of 2009 of the peer-reviewed /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/ has just appeared. With this issue we are finally up-to-date with our publication schedule. As always, we welcome submissions and (believe it or not!) subscription requests.

Please see the official publication announcement and the included table of contents and feel free to share it with interested colleagues.

Gerald

The Theological Seminary of the /Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies/ is proud to announce the publication of the first issue of volume 12 (2009) of the /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/ (ISSN 1908--4862), formerly /Asia Adventist Seminary Studies/ (ISSN 0119--8432), a peer-refereed academic journal, focusing on biblical and theological research. This particular issue contains an engaging mix of biblical, hermeneutical, and theological research from international scholars as well as a number of helpful critical book reviews. We encourage interested scholars and institutions to subscribe either directly or via EBSCO. The second issue of volume 12 (2009) should appear in October/November of 2009. As always, we welcome submissions to the journal from all interested scholars.

For editorial queries, submissions or subscription requests please contact

Editor /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/

AIIAS

P.O.Box 038

Silang, Cavite 4118

PHILIPPINES

Or electronically:

/ editor.jaas AT aiias.edu/ (Gerald A. Klingbeil, editor)

/ assoc.ed.jaas AT aiias.edu /(Mathilde Frey, associate editor)

/ review.jaas AT aiias.edu/ (Michael Sokupa, book review editor)

/ subscription.jaas AT aiias.edu/ (Marcus B. Witzig, Subscription manager)

/ periodacq AT aiias.edu /(Diana Park, Journal Exchanges)

The Table of Contents for /JAAS/ 12.1 (2009) includes the following:

Hannah K. Harrington (1--17)

"What is the Purpose of Ritual Ablutions in Ancient Judaism?"

James H. Park (19--35)

"Overcoming Internal Barriers: The 'Conversion' of Ananias and Peter in Acts 9--10"

Marcus B. Witzig (37--50)

"The Great Controversy in the Buddhist World: A Suggestion for an Adventist Approach Towards Buddhism"

Ricardo A. Gonzáles (51--72)

"Ellen G. White's Views on Church Order: The Early Years 1849--1854"

Gerald A. Klingbeil (73--92)

"Summing Up a Life's Work: Some Recent /Festschriften/ in Biblical and Ancient Near Eastern Studies"

Thesis and Dissertation Abstracts (93--97)

Critical Book Reviews (99--110)

/Echoes of Scripture in the Letter of Paul to the Colossians, /by Christopher A. Beetham. BINS 96. Leiden: Brill, 2008. Reviewed by Mxolisi Michael Sokupa (99--103)

/Christianity among the Religions of the World, /by Carlos G. Martin. Lanham: University Press of America, 2007. Reviewed by James H. Park (103--105)

/More than Meets the Ear: Discovering the Hidden Contexts of Old Testament Conversations/, by Victor H. Matthews. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2008. Reviewed by Chantal J. Klingbeil (105--107)

/E. J. Waggoner: From the Physician of Good News to the Agent of Division, /by Woodrow W. Whidden II. Hagerstown: Review & Herald, 2008./ /Reviewed by Aecio E. Cairus (107--110)

Subscription rates for 2009 have remained the same and are as follows:

International Annual Subscription

Individual: US$30.00

Institutional: US$45.00

Local (Philippines) Annual Subscription

Individual: PhP500.00

Institutional: PhP750.00

--

Gerald A. Klingbeil, D.Litt.

Dean of the Theological Seminary

Professor of Hebrew Bible and Ancient Near Eastern Studies

Editor /Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary/

Adventist International Institute of Advanced Studies

P.O.Box 038, Lalaan 1

Silang, Cavite 4118, Philippines

office: +63-46-414-4330

home: +63-46-414-4409

email: gklingbeil AT aiias.edu

web: www.aiias.edu

  • [b-hebrew] Journal of Asia Adventist Seminary 12.1 2009 appeared, Gerald A. Klingbeil, 04/03/2009