b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Please crop your posts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Please crop your posts
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 09:14:51 +0200

Dear all,

Many (even most) of us, myself included, have a habit of simply clicking "reply" and then typing our own replies to whatever it is we're discussing on top of someone else's previous message. This often makes sense, since this way other readers can know what it is that we are reacting to. However, sometimes it leads to 4, 5 or even more previous posts being "piled" on top of each other, making for a lot of needlessly large and "heavy" emails bouncing from computer to computer. For some of us, receiving such huge emails is a big nuisance. Our system is also set to block very large posts and ask for the moderators' approval. Please show consideration and cut out whatever is not necessary before sending your posts.

Thank you,

Yigal Levin
c-moderator