b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] )BL Mistranslated at I Samuel 6: 18

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] )BL Mistranslated at I Samuel 6: 18
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:39:52 +1100

I don't know where you are getting this all from, Jim. It doesn't seem to
represent what we know of NW Semitic linguistics at all. If you consistently
change the inherent value of a Semitic consonant, you can make a text say
whatever you like. You can even come up with secret codes embedded in the
biblical texts.

Many people have already pointed out some of the pitfalls of your
questionable analysis. Have you ever asked why your theories meet such
opposition?

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au