b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 1Q287 and the Tanakh at Deut. 32:43

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: TedBro AT aol.com
  • To: leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 1Q287 and the Tanakh at Deut. 32:43
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 23:24:38 EST

Hi, All:

Interesting discussion...

<<Yigal Levin wrote: As to why neither version appears in the MT - probably
scribal error, simply
"skipping" a line.

Recall that the Massorah dates from the Christian era. Thus another possible
explanation for missing Christian proof texts is that the Massoretes, like
everyone else, had biases and when selecting readings from various
manuscripts
for inclusion in the MT, favored those less favorable to the Christians.

Peace,
Ted Brownstein

In a message dated 1/31/2009 7:25:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,