b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Vision of Gabriel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Vision of Gabriel
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:51:12 -0700

Thanks, Bryan.
I am still unconvinced.

In looking at the drawing of the letters and their transcription by Yardani,
the heh and chet are often written identically, likewise often waw and yod.
As I wrote earlier, the one who wrote this stone would never have gotten a
prize for good handwriting. It looks as if it were written hastily.

Could it have been a propaganda sign for the revolt of 4 BC?

Looking at line 80, the letter following "three days" could be either a heh
of a chet, if the former, the word looks like "the sign". It would probably
need higher resolution images to clear it up.

>From what is available online, it is not clear.

Thanks again, Karl W. Randolph.