b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Nimrod?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nimrod?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 23:43:11 +0200

Dear Eva,

While hunting is probably not the Bible's ideal occupation and the prophets (at least Isaiah) foretold a future age in which all creatures will live in peace, Nimrod did not live in the ideal future Utopia. No-where does the Bible claim that hunting alone makes a man "evil". The Bible does not forbid hunting or eating animals. God DID command animal sacrifices - the prophets explained that sacrifices alone do not atone for wrongdoing - they must be a part of a proccess of repentence.

Yigal Levin

----- Original Message ----- From: <thebodyofjesusthenazoraion AT juno.com>