b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hello

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hello
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 17:04:22 +0200

Hello Avi and welcome to the b-hebrew list.

I just want to remind you that this is a list for the study of the biblical Hebrew language. We tend to interpret that field very liberally, since we realize that it is impossible to study a text without discussing its background, meaning, assumptions etc. However, this is NOT a forum for the study of either Judaism or Christianity per se, and certainly not for discussing which of the two "has a more solid historical basis than the other". Please do not raise such issues on this list.

Also, one of the list rules is that every post be signed with the poster's first and last name. Geographic or academic position is optional.

Shabbat Shalom

Yigal Levin
co-moderator

----- Original Message ----- From: "Weizman Abby" <achweiz1 AT gmail.com>