b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Joseph's Egyptian name

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Joseph's Egyptian name
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:45:05 +0000

Jim,

If you want to be more convincing, you have to tell why other explanations
don't make sense and not just say they don't make sense and only your idea
makes sense. For example, you can tell why other explanations are wrong
grammatically or for whatever other reason you disagree with the usual
explanations.

Many times you say only your idea makes sense, but I think the usual
explanations make sense, and I don't understand why you say they don't make
sense. Simply saying an idea does not make sense in your opinion is a weak
argument against the idea. Most of your emails use opinions as proofs, but
that is not very convincing to other people.

I am not putting you down. I am just saying that opinions might be right, but
they are not very good as proofs.

Kenneth Greifer

http://www.messianicmistakes.com/