b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] xrm and the Canaanites' VIP treatment

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] xrm and the Canaanites' VIP treatment
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 11:29:54 -0800

Dear Bryant:
I read the prefixed B- as an indication of instrumentality, i.e. a sacrifice
to request the blessings of the gods on the endeavor, in the same way the
prefixed B- is used in Micah 3:10 and Habakkuk 2:12 to say that the city was
built by means of blood and injustice. Do I misread the Hebrew?

Karl W. Randolph.