b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Abraham, Sarah, Lot, and Lot's Wife

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Abraham, Sarah, Lot, and Lot's Wife
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 09:36:09 +0200

Shoshanna,

While I do not agree with most of what Jim writes, in this case he may have a point. You are right that the Torah does not report every detail, and you are right that God COULD have told Abraham through prophecy, but since the Torah does not say that He did, might not Jim be correct in thinking that He did not? Maybe this was a test of Abraham's faith (Hazal tell us that he went through ten of those). I'm not saying that Jim is correct, just that he might be (in this case!).

Yigal Levin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shoshanna Walker" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>