b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Wellhausen

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yitzhak Sapir" <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Wellhausen
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 07:01:04 +0000

On Dec 30, 2007 4:42 AM, Uri Hurwitz wrote:

> Karl,
>
> As the work of Finkelstein and Silberman is mentioned
> in this list, you may be interested in a highly critical review
> of one of their books in the Israeli magazine Azure.
> The review also discusses their former volume.
>
> http://www.azure.org.il/magazine/magazine.asp?id=352

I hope you're not confusing Mazar with Silberman. It seems
Finkelstein/Silberman was mentioned recently -- two months
ago -- by Jim Stinehart. But it seems to me more likely that
for some reason, my references to the recent book (published
this past month) of Finkelstein and Mazar somehow became
confused with Finkelstein and Silberman's book. The two are
very different.

Yitzhak Sapir