b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Gen 1:24 - holem waw

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Charles Grebe <cgrebe AT briercrest.ca>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Gen 1:24 - holem waw
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 16:06:36 -0600

Hi,

I have a quick question about the phrase WXYTWo-)RC in Genesis 1:24. I'm
not sure what to do with the holem waw. It appears to be a pronominal
suffix on the noun "chaya" which is part of a construct chain with
"eretz." Can you have a pronominal suffix in the middle of a contruct
chain like this? If so, or if not for that matter, how would you
translate this?

Thanks,
Charles Grebe
Briercrest Distance Learning

Invite the next generation of students to consider Briercrest College and
Seminary. Visit www.briercrest.ca/refer.
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged proprietary material for
the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, or distribution or
recipient, or authorized to receive the information from the recipient,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this
message.