b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] TORATI in Jer 31:33: Is it the Mosaic Torah?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "biblical hebrew" <jcr.bhebrew AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Deborah Millier" <deborahmillier AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] TORATI in Jer 31:33: Is it the Mosaic Torah?
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 13:52:38 +0100

In what way is this to be a 'new' deal 'not like the one with their
ancestors when he brought them out of Egypt'?

The context is clear that this 'new deal' will be connected with an act of
forgiveness and that people will no longer need to read the 'law' because it
will be inscribed in their hearts. In my mind the context is therefore
talking about a people who 'know Yhwh' to the point where they have been
forgiven their former sins and have become sinless not needing a written law
code as they instinctively know what is right.