b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Object of "lamo" in Isaiah 53

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'K Randolph'" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, "'b-hebrew List'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Object of "lamo" in Isaiah 53
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 22:50:28 -0400

> [Karl]:
> This is where the understanding of the -MW suffix comes into play: 1)
> does it always refer to the plural and 2) does it always refer to the
> third person? The answer to both is "No". Just because it is appended
> onto the L- prefix does not change its uses. And as I stated before,
> one of its purposes is to refer back to the subject of the sentence
> and/or context.

[Steve Miller] Karl, This is a good argument if the facts back you up.
Please give me some other Hebrew words with the -MW suffix, so I can see if
your #1) and #2) points above hold.

It would be a waste for me to answer your other points, because if this
point of yours is true, then the other points don't matter.
Thanks.

-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info