b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] NWT and Daniel 11:5

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Awohili AT aol.com
  • To: ABecker AT nerdshack.com, b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Awohili AT aol.com
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] NWT and Daniel 11:5
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 07:06:52 EDT

What point are you looking for in your research? I find that two modern
Tanakhs translate the verse differently:

Stone Edition (Artscroll): "The king of the South will grow stronger [than
his enemy] and his nobles, and he will overpower him and rule; his dominion
will be a great dominion." (brackets original)

JPS: "The king of the south will grow powerful; however, one of his officers
will overpower him and rule, having an extensive dominion."

It appears at first glance that it depends on the underlying Hebrew text
that is being used: whether emended or unemended.

Solomon Landers

In a message dated 4/28/2007 4:54:48 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,