b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 52, Issue 29

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "thebodyofjesusthenazoraion AT juno.com" <thebodyofjesusthenazoraion AT juno.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] b-hebrew Digest, Vol 52, Issue 29
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 17:00:50 GMT

Philip wrote:> > According to Benjamin Davidson’s Analytical Hebrew and
Chaldee Lexicon, (Michigan: Zondervan Publishing House, 1970), page 768, the
verb UhreF.;faT4 (teaterehu) in MT Psalm 8:6[5] is formed from a combination
of a third person singular feminine imperfect piel verb, rF.;faT4 (teater)
(rF.;faT4 (teater) is derived from the root verb, rFafA (tatar) meaning, I
surround, I encompass),[1] and the third person singular masculine suffix, Uh
(ho) meaning, him; UhreF.;faT4 (teaterehu) therefore literally meaning, ‘she
will crown him’.[2]> > However this analysis of the verb, UhreF.;faT4 in
MT Psalm 8:6[5] does not seem to fit the context of Psalm 8:6[5].> HH: The
verb form is parsed in Accordance as a second person masculine singular form.
In the imperfect, whether Qal, Niphal, Piel, Pual, Hiphil, Hophal, or
Hithpael, the third person feminine singular and the second person masculine
singular have the same form. That seems to be the issue here. But since God
is the subject, it is the second person masculine singular that is
intended.Yours,Harold HolmyardH>H> Or anyone, How do you know for sure?Eva
Ritsema