b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Genesis 1, 6-7

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Staffan Bengtsson <staffan.bengtsson AT sh.se>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Genesis 1, 6-7
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:38:34 +0200

I am a Swedish scholar (comparative literature) and have come accross a swedish translation from 18th century which does not translate/ interpret the separation between water and water of the second day in the usual way, but also adds "so that the waters may be shifted with each other", i.e. an exchange between the two waters is emphasized. 1. Has anyone come accross any similar translation/interpretation? 2. Can anyone see a way to support this translation from the Hebrew? SB