b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 11:29, a third campaign implied?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "K Randolph" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Daniel 11:29, a third campaign implied?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 03:59:23 -0800

Steve and Anthony:

Already in verse 31 we see indications that we are dealing with kings
after Antiochos IV. By the time we reach verses 36–37, the description
is very different, indicating that when these verses are fulfilled it
is a different king. In fact, in modern terms, he may not call himself
a king, just that he will function as a king. This northern king will
bring with him Libyans and Kushites and will come with fleets of
ships, something that did not accompany Antiochos IV attacking across
land from the east. Further, some of the lands conquered by this new
northern king include lands that were part of Antiochos' empire, again
indicating that this is a different northern king.