b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 36:2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Bob MacDonald <bobmacdonald AT shaw.ca>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 36:2
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 19:41:33 -0800

Fools step in -

John

I am about three months old in this world - but I like the sense of the
transgression of the wicked speaking in the heart of the psalmist - not only
as if 'my' heart is prophetic and full of insight - but because 'my' heart
understands the transgression - i.e. 'I' am not separate from it.

I am speaking only as hearing the mind of a human struggle some millennia
past - something I think is closer to the Psalmist than some translations
give credence to.

Of course I would prefer if the words of the Psalmist were to undermine
colonialism and the I'm right you're wrong syndrome, the objectification of
the enemy - just so you know my bias.

BTW - I don't see 'oracle' but a participle form of - I suppose you could
noun the participle completely...

Bob

Bob MacDonald
Victoria BC